- Below are some basic points to consider before you make the choice of a long-term companion for yourself:
- Top 80-inch Television:
- 1. Sharp LC-80LE757 80-inch Aquos Quattron 1080p 240Hz Smart LED 3D HDTV
- 2. Sharp LC-80LE650U 80-Inch Aquos HD 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV (2014 Model)
- 3. Sharp LC80LE642U 80-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD TV
- 4. Samsung Electronics UN82MU8000 82-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)
- 5. VIZIO E80-E3 1080p Smart HDR XLED TV, 80″, Black (2017)
If you are looking to upgrade your household gadgets to match the current rage, big screen televisions top the list. They have gone popular enough to be on the wishlist for anyone and everyone with their vast range of drool-worthy features and the instant punch they add to your space and interiors.
If search volumes are to be believed, nearly 60000 people are searching for big screen televisions every minute. Are you also planning to buy a new large television for yourself? If yes, then let us help you with some very basic rules of making a good choice. After all, no one buys a television every day and we all want to make sure that the purchase is worth every penny.
Today, the television market will overwhelm you with the wide range of TVs to choose from. Your searches will yield an abundance of options with smart TV, LED, LCD, OLED, HD Ultra HD TVs or 4K with a plethora of features. But not every large television with the brightest resolution is made for you.
Hey, are you looking for the best 80 Inch TV?
Below are some basic points to consider before you make the choice of a long-term companion for yourself:
First thing first, finalize the size of Television you wish to purchase based upon the distance from where you would be watching it, making it safer for your eyes.
The thumb rule to follow here is, in case of HD TVs, the minimum distance should be three times the height of your screen whereas in 4K UHD’s it should be 1.5 times.
The size also depends on the space you are going to install your TV in.
For a long-term usage do not opt for TVs with less than 4K resolution, also known as Ultra HDTVs. This greatly determines the quality of images as well as the strain on the eyes.
Higher Refresh Rate:
The higher the refresh rate is the better the picture quality is while watching a movie or a live match. Standard refresh rate should be 12Hz, so do not buy a TV with less than 120Hz refresh rate.
- HDMI for more connections:
More HDMI ports to support our add-ons like a sound bar, Roku etc. depending on the TV.
- Contrast Ratios: every brand will have their own specification for the same with their own features. But it is always advisable to trust your own eyes. A thorough research for the ideal contrast ratio to suit your need may not be possible but it is a good idea to check for the compatibility based on reviews.
- Curved TVs: Curved TVs are just for a style They have got nothing to do with clarity or the quality of the image. While the manufacturers would promise depth in pictures, it is a good choice only if you have the bandwidth to pay the high price.
- Flat Screen: with Flat screen, a TV is easier to accommodate and very handy when it comes to wall mounting. Most of the TVs these days are Flat screen only.
- Budget: Do keep in your budget in mind while making a decision based on all the above-mentioned features.
Apart from the above-mentioned features, every other brand will have their own set of distinguished/special features for televisions, which retailers will use for promotions, so finding the one most suitable for you, is a tedious task. In this part of the article, we will mainly be focusing on the Best 80” Smart TV.
We tried to judge televisions based on performance and quality when placed in the same room setting and also based on user reviews.
We hope that our in-depth study will at least enable you to get a better picture of the available products and help you find the best deal for 80” Smart Television meeting your expectations.
Top 80-inch Television:
- Exclusive Quattron Color technology for the powerful and realistic pictures
- SmartcentralSmart TV with Dual-Core Processor
- 240 Hz Refresh rate with AquoMotion 480
- Using best Photo alignment Technology AQUOS 1080p LED Display
- Slim Design
- 35W Vibrant Audio speakers with subwoofers
This Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE757 is a high-end LED Tv that employs Sharp’s exclusive Quattron color technology to yield richer and more realistic pictures. It also comes with Sharp’s proprietary Super Bright Intelligent contrast engine, which by adding 2 million yellow subpixels to the already present 6 million subpixels (of Red, Blue, and Green), the Quattron uses a total of 8 million subpixels which creates a picture with great clarity, brightness and higher contrast.
It uses the best photo-alignment technology, the AQUOS 1080p LED display with a 4 million: 1 contrast ratio which enables it to create unrealistic pictures with immense clarity. Although it delivers great picture quality, a little adjustment is required when you are using external devices like Blu-ray etc.
It uses the most advanced panel refresh rates of 240 Hz with the help of AquoMotion 480. It doubles the effective refresh rate of the display to create the same effect as of fast-moving sports or movie.
Another very important and integral feature of this Sharp television is SmartCentral. This is Sharps way of making your move towards smart televisions. You can now access the content and control your tv from your smartphones. The split screen feature enables you to literally split your television screen into two and use both the screens for browsing and watching tv both at the same time.
On Amazon, the Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE757 TV comes with one year manufactures warranty and a stand.
2. Sharp LC-80LE650U 80-Inch Aquos HD 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV (2014 Model)
- Smart-central Smart TV with Dual Processor
- LED Full Array Backlight
- 120 Hz Native Refresh rate
- Using best Photo alignment Technology AQUOS 1080p LED Display
- Comes with a universal remote
As advertised by the manufacturers Sharp, this Sharp LC-80LE650U AQUOS HD TV is Big, Bold and comes with a Breathtaking clarity. This is just an average Smart HD TV model from sharp within an affordable range. This happens to one of the early models in the category of HDTVs.
In-built with all the basic features of Sharps AQUOSHDTVs, supported 1080p LED Display for the realistic picture experience. See crystal clear images during fast motion with the help of native 120Hz refresh rate. Also equipped with Sharp’s SmartCentral feature, making it an advanced smartTV. The smart-central feature enables you to use your big screen for running all sorts of apps either directly from your smartphones or through the universal remote.
This HDTV also comes with the unique Split tv feature, where you can divide your screen into two and do browsing and watching Tv together.
- Full Array LED Backlight
- First 80’’ screen size Smart Television
- Embedded with best Photo alignment Technology AQUOS 1080p LED Display
- Smart-central Smart TV with Dual-Core Processor
- 120 Hz Native Refresh rate
- Slim Design
- Energy consumption as low as – 204 kWh per year
This Sharp AQUOS LC80LE642Uis an ultra-premium LED/LCD Tv which also happens to be the very first 80’’ Smart TVs. In-built with all the basic features of Sharps AQUOSHDTVs, supported 1080p LED Display for the realistic picture experience. See crystal clear images during fast motion with the help of native 120Hz refresh rate.
Another very important and integral feature of this Sharp television is SmartCentral. This is Sharps way of making your move towards smart televisions. You can now access the content and control your television from your smartphones. The split screen feature enables you to literally split your television screen into two and use both the screens for browsing and watching TV both at the same time.
Though looking at the gigantic design and the fact that LCD consumes more power, it appears that this Sharp TV would also consume a great amount of power but to our surprise, according to Energy Star Rating System, this Huge TV consumes energy as low as 204kWh per hour.
4. Samsung Electronics UN82MU8000 82-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model)
- The TV comes with an enormous screen size of 82 inches when measured diagonally
- Ultra HD or 4K resolution supported television
- 4k color drive extreme for more live and realistic picture quality
- LED full array backlight
- 240Hz refresh rate
- Voice control smart TV for the smart interactions
- Comes with a Samsung Clean Cable Solution for neat TV viewing
- Includes Samsung Smart Remote Controller, one remote
- Comes with one year extended warranty in addition to the included Full manufactures warranty.
- The warranty is applicable to Full Samsung USA warranty
Redefine your TV viewing experience with this Samsung 82’’ inch 4k ultra smart HDTV. Embedded with 4K Color drive extreme helps in enhancing the colors in great shades, making every picture completely realistic. 4k Color Drive Extreme gives you an edge over normal 4k UHD TVs. Brings out even the details of the darkest shades for the breathtaking viewing experience.
With the higher Refresh rate of 240 Hz, even the actions become crisp and smooth, bringing in an out of the world experience for sports or movies. Such wide and huge screen gives you a complete theatre-like experience.
The base of the TV comes with a Samsung Clean Cable Solutions, for the clutter free TV viewing experience by neatly routing the cables through the base of the TV stand. The clean back finish gives a gorgeous look to the TV from front to back.
The Samsung Smart Remote Controller, where one remote functions for all your devices. The reason why it is also called as OneRemote, as its only one remote but it controls all your devices.
Another very useful accessory that comes along with this TV is called “One Connects mini”, it is a sort of box that connects all your components together, so there is no need to go to the back of your TV for any kind of plug-ins. It also allows the One Remote to control all your devices.
“Samsung Smart Hub” smarter than ever, allows you to access all your favorite shows, apps and sports. So all you need to do is to just scroll, TV, DVD, Apple TV, Netflix etc.
- 4K Ultra HD Picture
- Full Array LED backlight with local dimming
- Smart Cast TV use the included remote to access and launch the top app directly from the big screen
- Smart Cast Mobile turns your smartphone into powerful touchscreen remote, just tap to stream and control e-series functionality on the big
Inbuilt with almost four times the resolution of normal 1080p Full HD, this 80” Vizio Smart TV gives you clarity of over 8 million pixels. Full array LED display goes deeper into black levels without compromising the brightness whereby giving you a next level stunning clarity.
Vizio E-series TVs also have added the feature of Smart Cast Tv, you can access all your top apps (Netflix etc) now with the remote provided or you can also download the Vizio Smart Cast Mobile in your smartphones and operate from them.
These Vizio E-series Televisions also have in-built Chromecast, this allows you to access thousands of Chromecast-enabled apps and easily stream your favorite entertainment on the big screen. All you need to do is access on-screen menu, use remote/mobile app to adjust all basic and advanced menu settings and you are good to go.
VizioSmart cast also works well with Google assistant on devices like Google Home. So you can use your voice to control your display too (only for Google Home)
We hope that our in-depth study of aforementioned Smart Televisions would at least give you some insight as to what exactly look for when you are planning to buy a Smart Television for yourself. As we say bigger is better it applies perfectly when it comes to choosing the size of the TVs. These 80’’ Smart HDTVs makes sure you experience the best of visual world by giving a theatre-like an experience in your living room. So, if you have space and a sweet spot in your mind, you would never go wrong with Big screen Televisions.
However, it is always advisable to do your research beforehand, depending upon the factors important for you.